Our History

A rich tradition of Catholic education has existed in Flagstaff since the late 1800's, starting with St. Anthony's School. Later, Nativity and Guadalupe Parishes constructed their own schools which later combined to form St. Mary's on the old grounds of Nativity School. As we progressed and grew in Christ, we recognized the need to associate the name of our school with the parish that it represents.

In the 2007-2008 school year, St. Mary's Catholic School became San Francisco de Asís Parish School. Although the new grounds were not scheduled to be completed for a couple of years, the new name ushered in new uniforms, new logos and new school colors, but the same great Catholic Education will always remain. San Francisco de Asís Catholic School is looking forward to the future.

Following the consolidation of all the Flagstaff Parishes into one San Francisco de Asís Parish, the growing Catholic community has outgrown its current facilities and has built a new church and school facility on McMillan Mesa. The Church was completed and consecrated on February 2, 2013.

The new Parish Center and School was completed in phases with Phase One allowing Preschool/Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten through 5th grades to occupy the new school building August 2016. The middle school, grades 6th through 8th, were still occupying the downtown school location.

Once Phase Two of the new school was complete in December 2016, the middle school, grades 6th through 8th joined the rest of the school at the new facility. The new school facility includes a large gym, a new library, art room, computer room, science lab, music room and more! This is an exciting time for all Catholic families in Flagstaff.

As of January 16, 2017 we are proud to announce the completion of our School!